Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MY ANGEL by the feminist


Have you ever once thought about how many hours a girl spends doing her eye makeup? Or
deciding what clothed to wear and what shade of lip gloss would go with the dress? And you
would think she is crazy and this is a waste of time. I think it is an unproductive activity as well.
But needless to say, I am a girl and play the role of a crazy fashion maniac sometimes too!

So on the day of a very important event happening in my college, I was all dressed up.
Complete with pretty jewelry and straightened hair. Now you see, even though I had done all
this to boost up my own confidence and feel good, compliments are always welcomed. So the
moment I stepped out of my room, all the other girls threw in compliments about how the new
style suits me and makes me look like a princess.

But I didn’t get any compliments from any of the guys I knew. Maybe one of the fifty guys said
something along the lines of how I looked a little ‘different’ but that just frustrated me even
further. As obvious as a new shade as a new shade of nail polish may seem to a girl, if you ask a
boy to spot the same, he would rather go fix a complicated electric appliance. . It’s not like I’m
miss popular and fish for self appraises but come on! One simple compliment of you look nice
from a boy would have sufficed me.

At the end of the day, when I failed to gather any extol, I was so frustrated that I wanted to pull
out the very first ever hair that grew on my scalp. But then came my angel, oh how I loved him
at that moment. He took one look at me and told me how pretty I was. This one little note of
observance made me fly in the air.

Maybe his intention was not to make me as happy as I was, but sometimes even the most
simple compliments can make a difference in somebody’s day.

The Feminist.

1 comment:

  1. very informative post for me as I am always looking for new content that can help me and my knowledge grow better.

    ReplyDelete